Monday, October 6, 2008

Welcome Matthew (aka Peanut!)

The day we have been waiting for all these months finally came yesterday. We finally got to meet our little Peanut!


On Sunday morning I woke up with what I thought was an upset stomach. I attributed it to the 2nd helping of Eric's yummy chili he made the night before. I struggled to get ready for church but was determined to go since I knew it was our last week to go as a family for a while. It wasn't until I was sitting in Sunday School that it hit me that maybe I was having really strong contractions and not an upset tummy! We rushed to get the kids when we were let out and hurried home. Mom and Dad came over to watch the kids while Eric and I headed to the hospital. It didn't take them long to determine that I was having strong contractions about 4 minutes apart.

By 3:12 I was in the OR and Matthew was born at 3:34. He was 6 pounds and 3 ounces of cutie patootie baby boy! He has lots of thick, curly brown hair. He loves to clasp his little hands together like he is praying. It is absolutely adorable : )

We appreciate all of your support and prayers all these months as we have been preparing for his arrival. I will post more soon. Right now I am going to eat my first real dinner!!

9 comments:

Amy said...

Welcome to our family, sweet baby Matthew! Lots of love, Aunt Amy

I love you! Hope you get home soon! Love, Emily

The faster the days go, the sooner we get to see you! And I hope your stomach doesn't feel bad anymore, Aunt Stephie. Love, Meg

Sweet Em said...

He is so adorable. What a ton of hair, and from the look of the early pictures, some nice strong lungs!

How righteous of you to go to church during labor! ;)

Major Congratulations!

P.S. I love what I'm assuming is Grandma and Grandpa in the background of one of the pictures on cell phones!

P.P.S. And the picture of Matthew curled up and holding Eric's hand is so precious!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!!! You are such a trooper sitting through church with strong contractions! Congratulations--he is beautiful. Love, Sarah Glass

Anonymous said...

He is a beautiful baby! Congrats to the happy family all the way from Louisville, Kentucky! He is a lucky boy to be a part of your family! God bless you all! Love, Bridget Taylor

Anonymous said...

Looks like you both did really well. What a hansom young man you have. I kindof think he has Uncel Ken's lips. I hope Steph is well, it sounded like a quick labor. We love all of you. Kiss that baby boy for LaDonna,Macy and me.
Love
Chris

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! He is absolutely precious. Not that I'd expect anything else considering Ethan and Ella! So funny to get on and see your news today because I was lying in bed last night thinking about you and just had this feeling little Peanut was going to be here sooner than expected. Little did I know- he was already here! Welcome Matthew. Cannot wait to meet you.

Patterson said...

Congratulations on the new arrival Greer family. I'm so happy for you!

Michelle Shiflet said...

Congratulations!!

Will and Lindsay said...

Congrats, Steph. He is precious.