Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Happy Birthday Daddy!!

Monday was Eric's 31st birthday. We celebrated all weekend long. On Saturday night I surprised him with a dinner with some of his friends. On Sunday we celebrated with his family with a cookout. We had wonderful weather so it was perfect for playing outdoors! Ethan was thrilled to see some candles again on Daddy's cake ; )

When Eric was opening his present from the kids he said "this isn't another shirt like last year is it?" (See Blog entry Feb 8, 2008 - that is how I told him I was pregnant with Matthew!) No - not this year. But he did get a Life is Good T shirt. And how!

1 comment:

Patterson said...

I went back and looked at the post from Eric's last birthday where you told him you were expecting, and I almost started crying!! How very sweet! We told my folks and Kerri in a similar way. We were in town for my Dad's birthday and got him a little extra gift; a bib that said "Gone Golfing with Grandpa." I agree on the guy thing...dad didn't get it right away, but Kerri and mom caught on fast!!