Wednesday, January 16, 2008

So BIG!

It is amazing how much can change in a matter of a few days. (another good reason I should blog more consistently!) I am amazed every day by how much my precious babies grow. And fun.....every day is so much more fun. They are each other playmates and keep me entertained all the time. God has blessed us so greatly!

Since the babies have become mobile our source of sanity has been containment. We are fortunate to have a big bonus room in our house. It used to be Eric's man room where he watched his football, etc. Now the kid's have overtaken it and it is 75% playroom and 25% man room. This has been command central. After we took down the Christmas decorations downstairs, we decided to baby proof the living room, dining room and kitchen, so they can play down there. You would think we took them to Disney World! They are so excited to be free down there. Before when they were down there they would be confined to their exersaucer and Jumperoo. Ella loves to stand by her high chair and play with the straps. I don't know what it is, but the girl LOVES to play with straps on anything and everything. Ethan loves to go through the cabinets (mental note - get more cabinet locks at Wal-Mart) I have designated one for them that I put a pot, wooden spoons, and some plastic bowls to play with. He bangs them together and wiggles his little booty.

One morning I must have been taking too long for breakfast, so Ella decided to take things into her own hand. When I walked in from getting my morning Diet Coke, I found this.....


She and her partner in crime, Majors were helping themselves to the Cheerios. I had to admire her resourcefulness! After I threw a very disappointed Majors outside, I got the broom to clean up. Ella started grabbing Cheerios by the hand full to get as many as she could before I could get to them! As I was cleaning up, I heard some clanging on the dog bowl in the dining room. Forgetting that Majors was outside I went about my business cleaning up after the Cheerio Bandit. All of the sudden it hit me and I ran to the dining room and found Ethan gobbling up some dog food! I pulled a couple of pieces out of his mouth. I don't think he ate any and the look on his face said "Mama this is really gross!" I think he now understands why Majors is always begging for his food! you can't tell in the picture, but Ethan has crumbs all over his face and his jammies. YUCKY!


Ethan is mastering walking. He walks most of the time now. Sometimes he will take another lap around the table before he gets in his highchair just for grins. such the show off. He has also learned a new word - ball. He loves to throw the ball. He just kind of flaps his arms and drops it then continue to flap his arms for a while after. It is really cute and I will try to get it on video to post.
Ella can lap Ethan a couple of times with her crawling versus his walking. I imagine someday she will find it necessary to get around on her feet instead of her hands and knees. I am in no hurry though. She would rather focus her energy on talking. She is saying baby, apple, Nana and Buddy now.
Last week we took a big step. I signed them up for a Mother's Day Our program at our church! They won't start until next Fall and that is fine. I didn't want them to start during cold and flu season given their immune systems. I am excited for them to interact with other kids and have some more planned activities. I started a Bible Study yesterday and the child care was at the same facility. They had a great time and Ella even cried when I came to pick her up. She loves playing with her new friends. Ahh.....So BIG! :)

No comments: