Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Buddy & Sissy's First Fish Fry

A couple of weekends ago Ethan & Ella got a special treat and went to spend the weekend with their Nana & Papa in Paris, TN. Every year they celebrate the "World's Biggest Fish Fry" there. They thought they would really enjoy the parades and festivities. They thought right! They went to a parade on Friday and another on Saturday. Sarah told me that Ella had her parade wave down pat. Why am I not surprised?



Eric and I got a very cool treat that weekend too (aside from the whole 3 down to 1 kid thing) We are HUGE "24" fans. The actress who plays President Taylor, Cherry Jones, is from Paris. She came home for Fish Fry. Earlier in the week, they had an auction for charity with props from the show. Brent got us a script from an episode, a folder used by the Joint Chiefs in a scene, and shell casings from a gun shot by THE Jack Bauer!!!!!! I am not exaggerating one bit when I say I cried when I got it. Absolutely the coolest thing that has ever happened......at least we thought. Sarah called me from the parade on Friday and she got a picture of Ethan and Ella with President Taylor!!!!!! Ous kids are officially the coolest kids ever. I am so not missing Fish Fry next year even if I have to eat a piece of fish.



No comments: